Donnerstag, 29. Mai 2008

a true "lovestory"

My great-grandfather and my great-grandmother have been married now for over 60 years. On my last visit they told how they got to know each other. It was a pretty big coincidence and sounded as if it was taken out of a movie but they told me it happened like that. My great-grandfather was a soldier that time and had this day just missed the bus that drove into the city. While he was waiting for the next bus to come my great-grandmother appeared and they started a conversation with him. She told me that she was very attracted to him because of his smart SS-uniform. As the bus arrived they got in together and drove into the city. But his uniform was not the only thing my great-grandmother liked about him. As a soldier he got free entry to the cinema in town, so she didn’t go out with him only because of pure love. But that was something she told me when he wasn’t listening. But besides that they fell really in love with each other during that whole day and evening. Only a few weeks later he asked if she wanted to marry him.

Keine Kommentare: