Donnerstag, 29. Mai 2008

my grandfather's entry

My grandfather himself was not so enthusiastic while telling me something of his life. He live in the former DDR and I think he couldn’t quit with his past until now. But there was one “funny” story he could tell me. When he was very young and got married with my grandmother his mother was from this time one no longer the owner of her house. It went over to my grandfather. She was very angry about that and her dislike for my grandmother made it even worse. So she decided to play him a “dirty” trick. When the neighbours were visited by their relatives from West Germany, she told them they could park their car in my grandfather’s garden, which was very big at this time. A stranger walking by this garden saw the car and decided to report it to the police that my grandfather was illegally hiding visitors from the West. So they arrived at his house and took him with them. They asked him a lot of questions about the car and everything. He explained that it had only been a little “joke” by his mother and as he had good relationships to the major party the situation was cleared very soon. But nevertheless he good an official entry in his personal file, the only one in his whole life he told me.

Keine Kommentare: